Title: Account Supervisor
Location: San Francisco
searching for an Account Supervisor for their San Francisco office. This is a great opportunity to work on a mix of B2B technology and consumer clients or focus on B2B technology. They work with hot young companies and more established firms. Supervisors focus is on managing day-to-day media relations, client programs/initiatives and launches. In this role you are also the primary leader of teams, responsible for managing workflow, client projects and focusing weekly activity on client results and goals. Supervisors are responsible for media and program strategy, but also contributors to overarching account strategy, client positioning and creative ideas. If you’re looking for a more balanced agency environment with a familial feel this could be the right agency for you.
• Drive the day-to-day and serve as primary point of contact for clients.
• Move all aspects of an account forward, ensuring all account programs and activities map are on track and map back to client goals.
• Flag concerns on client side and determine when the VP team needs to be involved.
• Supervise the work of account team members by setting priorities, delegating responsibilities and meeting deadlines.
• Manage multiple projects from conception to completion, anticipating challenges and ensuring deadline and budget adherence.
• Final set of eyes for client deliverables and documents; team pitches; etc.
• Draft the first revision of large campaigns and yearly plans for clients; pulling in VPs/digital resources/peers to build out; finalize.
• Consult with clients on media strategy and approach for announcements and story pitching; deliver media strategy documents to client autonomously.
• Create execution plans that ladder back to client goals.
• Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
• Run client launches and news announcements with support from team and media experts.
• Identify trend stories, executive features and client/product spotlights -- land stories individually + direct teams in their pitching/to achieve results.
• Pitch stories to both national and local media. Achieve client results across segments.
• Follow the news and make smart recommendations for how clients can insert their executives, products and POVs into trending stories and themes.
• Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
• Cultivate relationships with key business journalists in national and trade publications.
• Think creatively about how digital marketing can support media relations -- social, content, events, paid -- and put ideas into action.
• Draft strong media documents (pitches, releases, Q&A, blog posts) that are client ready and need minimal edits from VPs.
• Clearly communicate strategy, approach and updates to clients on all programs.
• Cultivate the writing skills of junior members of the team by providing consistent counsel and training opportunities to help team develop exemplary writing skills.
• Participate in new business including crafting proposals/decks and attending presentations.
• Actively contribute to the operational efficiency of the firm by developing reusable documents, templates, improving processes, etc.
• Update the company on key events, reporters, news within industries that may impact other clients.
• Oversee the growth and professional development of direct reports, including drafting and delivering performance reviews, conducting regular meetings to assess progress, and elevating performance issues to management team as needed.
• Lead at least one internal agency-wide training session per year; attend a minimum of two networking events per year
• Part of Leadership Team; in-agency planning discussions including staffing, hiring and overall growth plans.
Minimum 15 years of professional services experience with at least 5 years at an agency (digital and/or traditional) in charge of P&L
Strong existing client relationships, which illustrate a proven track record of satisfaction, retention and growth
Experience managing large, complex engagements with multiple project tracks and teams – as account and/or project management lead
Deep understanding of user experience, web design/development, content management, technology, marketing and process improvement
Strategic perspective on a range of B2B and B2C issues, especially within specific industries such as financial services, technology and/or healthcare
Excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate challenging issues
Natural leader adept at motivating, supporting and understanding different project teams while anticipating, defusing and resolving conflicts effectively
for this position
Profile Job Opportunities Career
Coaching Contact Us
Copyright 2003-2017 CM Recruiting. All rights reserved.